Thursday, July 2, 2009

Blue Ridge Tree

Blue Ridge
14 x 18 inches
oil on canvas board
NOT AVAILABLE

My work seems to come in spurts these days...I did three paintings two days ago, finished this one yesterday. I am waiting for the others to dry enough for me to get a decent photo, so this is the only one I am posting today. It is from a photo a friend took (thanks Wendy!) I am not 100% sure where it is, but I would bet from somewhere along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I love the idea of doing plein air painting around here, but that cannot happen... no way I can handle it with the boys! Maybe one day in the future. So, in the meantime, photos provide most of my inspiration. Though one of the paintings I did the other day and have yet to post was of my four-year-olds very favorite stuffed animal.

I really like the way this one turned out, though I realized after I started it I have done this sort of composition before, landscape, tree on the left, and probably need to get more creative!

No comments: