Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The duck!

My youngest son, when he came home from the hospital after seven weeks (he was born at 31 weeks) was pretty much dependent on the soothie pacifier. So, I found these neat pacies with little stuffed animals attached to them, and got a frog and a duck. I thought it would be easier to keep a hold of them with the animals. Within two weeks of being home, he stopped using the pacifier part and started sucking on the animal itself. Until the last few months, the duck and frog had become interchangeable, but then the duck became his favorite. He LOVES this thing. I got a new one and he refused it. He likes the smell of the old one. EW! So, here is a painting of the new one. If I can get the old one from him long enough to paint it I will do that one as well. I decided to do this after painting my oldest son's giraffe last week. The youngest keeps looking at the painting and saying "mine!"

I've attached a picture of Benjamin at about four months with a still clean and non-smelly duck, the two ducks side by side (might have to paint this picture if I cannot get the old duck from him) and him with his smelly old duck...ah, lovies.