Monday, July 8, 2013

I consider myself a landscape artist. At least when I am painting with oils. But my landscapes have not really made me happy in watercolors. What did turn out well, I thought, and someone offered to buy, was one of a wisteria bloom (my wisteria finally bloomed for real this year, and I got a good picture of a bloom with my iphone...I really love the camera on the iphone...)

I think I may have some cards made with this image on them to use personally. I am very pleased with it.


I am not sure because it was so completely different than what I am used to and I made a detailed sketch before starting, something I NEVER do, that made the difference. I just don't feel the need when doing landscapes. So, maybe I need to invest some time in some still-lifes? I have a friend who wants some daffodils, so if I am as pleased with those as this maybe I have a new "niche" to work in? Only time will tell. But I can say that trying to do what I like to do with oils was NOT working.

I also love the colors, purple and green is my favorite color combination.

No comments: