Monday, February 1, 2010

America the Beautiful


I had not painted in almost two months when I finally got back to it today. I did a landscape, using the principles I learned from my Direct Painting class (in November), to do a photograph I had fallen in love in on the internet when I did an image search for "hay bales." I love the shape of the bales, the way the light hits them, the deep shadows. They are very sculptural, as someone commented on a previous hay bale painting I had done. I may have to do some more!

I am pretty proud of this one, I like the fact I was able to get a variety of levels in there... foreground of the bales and grass, some hay fields there in the middle, a grouping of trees far off in the distance, even more distant foothills and them the snowy peaks.

No comments: