Friday, November 20, 2009

Another painting class...

Last weekend I took a Direct Painting class from Ed Gowen, and learned a lot. We did a color wheel the first day, which was very educational for me. Then we did a still life the second day. I spent about 1.5 hours on the apple, and when I was done, decided to have fun and do another, maybe 20 minutes. From a distance I actually like the quick one best, but up close the other still wins. Can you guess which is which?











Since getting home I have set up a still life station near my easel to try my hand at some stuff. So far I have done a larger group of four limes, a small pumpkin, small orange, small lime and am currently working on an avocado. The smaller lime and avocado will eventually go in my new kitchen.

My space is small but it works for me. We certainly do not have room for a studio, and I am not really needing one at this point. I am close to the kids this way, which is priority number one!


No comments: